Sunday, April 1, 2012

A new blog and a new experiment

My journey started a few months ago, no really it was several years ago when I spent two full days making flat bread on a cast iron skillet over an open fire as part of a cooking demonstration.  Since then I had thought some about bread, had even reproduced that same campfire bread a few times, but not a lot until a few months ago did my interest peak again.  I have been actively changing my eating habits to be healthier, adding more vegetables, adding more whole grains, and had been buying the expensive whole wheat breads in the grocery store.  I started really looking at the ingredients of these breads, and was surprised at the amount of preservatives that are in them.  Now, I as I sit here and drink my Diet Dr. Pepper, I am not someone who is overzealous about chemicals in what I consume, but I consider myself more aware.  I thought about it a while and as my norm, was researching things on the good ol internet.  I came across this website Bread in 5 minutes a day and was intrigued.   I got the first book and the new flatbread book because I really love naan flatbreads.  Hence my bread making journey has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment