Monday, November 26, 2012

Rye Wheat Sourdough #1

I am taking the wheat sourdough recipe from KAF cookbook, and using that as sort of a starting point to make my own Rye Wheat Sourdough sandwich bread for Michael.  He wanted more airy rise than traditional so I am merging ideas.

Recipe #1
14 oz whole wheat
5 3/4 oz rye
1 T vital wheat gluten
1 1/2 oz honey
13 oz warm water
14 oz ripe sourdough starter
2 t instant yeast

mixed and resting now for one hour

then add
1 T caraway seed
1 T mustard seed
1 t dill seed
2 t sea salt

mix and rest now for one hour

shape and put in 2 buttered loaf pans and rise for about two hours until even with top of pan.  Put in preheated oven 450 for 15 minutes, then reduced to 350 until 200 degrees internal temp, which took another 25 minutes.

Already now that I have done this I read I should have held the extra yeast to the seed stage, may have to try that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment