Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sourdough update

Well the sourdough starter has been chugging along very nicely.  I have moved to the refrigerator method where it is fed once a week (unless needed more) and kept cool in the fridge.

I keep posting the photos on facebook, as for some reason blogger wants to limit the photos.  I am working on that.

I have recently discovered a lovely sourdough sandwich bread for Michael.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/clays-multi-grain-sourdough-sandwich-bread-recipe

I made it exactly the first time a month ago and have been tweaking ever since.  I mainly am using different seeds for the harvest grains and experimenting with using rye, wheat and pumpernickel, or any combination of that, for the wheat in the recipe.  The loaf on the left is a recent one.

Along with the three sourdough baguettes that I made.  I have decided I need a baguette pan.  I got a bakers couche for Christmas and plan to also try that out as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment